- Dark low fantasy theme
- You play the owner of a mercenary company, the characters on the battlefield are just employees
- Your goal is to make your mercenary company the most famous one in history, and to complete various special challenges (achievements)
- Yes, you really won't save the world this time
- Tactical (actual combat) and strategic (resource management) layer
- Turn-based, of course
- Ironman only, no girlie man reloading whenever something goes wrong here
- Yes, when characters die they are gone - forever
It is written in SDL and supposed to be portable.
So far (the project is one day old at time of writing) there is only a win32 binary (runs on linux using wine) available for download which features an incomplete menu and low-pixel art.. I would love to see this project ripen.
Pages of Adventure is a lovely "puzzle adventure in a strange world" which so far features one puzzle. I tested the game on Arch Linux.
Game testers are wanted for the SVN version of the game, different resolutions need to be tested for example. Testers and people who can recommend game/map/dialog editors for tile-based rpg/adventure games, please report to the PoA thread on our forums!
Dawn RPG makes progress. They use MediaWiki for posting news, which makes following development not too comfortable. SumWars is progressing as well. Both games have gained new team members and released new versions.
Hmm.. remember Hero of Allacrost, Silver Tree and Adonthell, FLARE, Arkhart, Radakan and PARPG ? I wonder how many open source non-roguelike role-playing or adventure games are out there and how many are playable and how many are finished..